Domestic Travel for Students
Undergraduate students traveling within the United States on programs arranged by a student organization officially sponsored through the Divisi on of Student Affairs should be in contact with Student Affairs for information about applicable policies and procedures.
Graduate students traveling within the United States for university-related purposes should be in contact with the department or center sponsoring the travel for information about applicable policies and procedures.
All students are encouraged to book their domestic air and rail travel through Georgetown Travel Online (GTO).
International Travel for Students
Be sure to read the Georgetown International Travel Policy carefully, and follow the guidelines provided in the policy checklists below for students:
- Undergraduate student not participating in an OGE study abroad program or traveling with a faculty/staff group leader. Checklist
- Undergraduate student traveling with a faculty/staff group leader. Checklist
- Graduate student traveling with a faculty/staff group leader. Checklist
- Graduate student wishing to travel to a country with a U.S. Department of State Travel Warning. Checklist
- Graduate student traveling to a country without a U.S. Department of State Travel Warning. Checklist
GU Travel Registration
All students participating in university-related international travel are required to register their travel plans in the university’s online travel registration system. Travel registration provides the university with the information it needs to locate travelers in the event of a crisis or emergency. The university may not be able to assist or arrange evacuation for students, faculty and staff who do not register their travel.
Travelers may register in either of the following ways:
- Book your travel through either of the university’s preferred travel agencies: Georgetown Travel Online (GTO) or Anthony Travel. Reservations confirmed and ticketed through these agencies are automatically registered.
- Manually register by entering your travel itinerary into MyTrips. MyTrips is a secure online system managed by International SOS. A step-by-step guide for manually registering travel in MyTrips can be found here.
Travel can also be registered manually by forwarding your travel itinerary to MyTrips@travelsecurity.com. You will need to create a MyTrips profile before forwarding your itinerary for the first time. You can setup or update your MyTrips profile by clicking here. Please make sure to set up your MyTrips username by using your Georgetown email address. Trip confirmation emails will be sent to the email address used in your MyTrips profile.